STAND UP PADDLE in the CANADIAN ROCKIES
LESSONS, RENTALS, SUP YOGA + TOURS
Rentals at Lake Edith public beach down Lake Annette Rd
Guided lake paddle tours + skills sessions for all levels.
Paddle Canada courses + paddling skill clinics.
Team building + youth group sessions.
SUP yoga + paddle fitness classes.
Translucid Adventures aims to introduce all types of adventurers to joyful, rewarding experiences of bliss and discovery on the water. We invite you to explore and reconnect.
Stand up paddle boarding (SUP) is a path back into connection with our natural environment and re-awakens our innate sense of wholeness, clarity, and inner vibrance. It's our experience that on the water, immersed in solitude, life makes more sense. We want to help you connect to self-discovery and tranquility so you too can return to your best self and let your inner wild shine out.
We offer Paddle Canada skills courses, group experiences, team building programming and have experience offering learning opportunities on the water for youth and children. We believe in the protection of wild places and the enjoyment of these places through self-propelled activities. We promote healthy living and sustainable experiences.
Alisen Charlten + the Translucid Team
WHY WE LOVE STAND UP PADDLING?
- it's accessible to all types of people at various levels of fitness and mobility
- as a sport, stand up paddling grows in depth with the interest of each participant
- it can be recreational + relaxing; a high intensity fitness workout; or an adrenaline sport
- you can take it on flat water, into the river, tour long distances, or surf in the ocean
- extremely low environmental impact + entirely self-propelled
- social and family oriented
- it offers a full body paddling workout
- standing on the water (rather than sitting in a boat) makes for a new paddling perspective
- being free to jump on and off the board makes enjoying the water on a hot day easy
- a stand up board isn’t a hollow watercraft; it will NOT fill with water when capsized
- a paddle board is like a small floating dock which makes it the perfect outdoor yoga mat
- provides athletes with a balance-improving, low-impact cross train workout
- it can help highlight and eventually improve muscle imbalances between sides of the body