Footwork and Turning - 1.5 hours - $60 - maximum 8 paddlers
Hosted by Pro SUP Racer Genna Flinkman
Register for your spot here http://www.translucidadventures.com/registration/
The ability to move on your board is an essential skill to SUP. Weather you are paddling in chop, racing, catching a wave, or turning, it all starts with proper foot work. Being stuck to one spot on your board limits what you can do, how you can move your board, and how fast you can go in varying conditions. Plus, no one likes numb feet. Even if you’re a seasoned veteran, it is always important to move back to the basics and improve/add new skills to your skill set.
• Break down into steps the process of moving on your board
• Give you the knowledge and understanding to continue
developing your skills on your own
• Apply those skills to real experiences like turning, foot steering, adjusting board to plane in various conditions, etc.
• Small group size so everyone gets one on one adjustment
• Drills to take home to hone your skills
• Fun environment
*Please feel free to bring your footwork/turning specific questions to class.
Genna is a professional SUP racer and SUP Surfer. Genna has competed for team Canada and on the international stage for two years (Competing in USA, France, Denmark, and Canada). As a racer, she is known as one of the fastest starters, sprinters, and top buoy turners on the water. I specialize in sprinting and technical races that often feature surf and difficult turns.