EQUIPMENT RENTALS on the BEACH
OPEN DAILY at LAKE EDITH public beach until 6PM
OPEN EARLY @10AM on Saturdays + Sundays/ 12pm on Weekdays
$35/HR • $55/ 2HRS • $65/ 3HRS • $85 FULL DAY
*We are a weather dependent operation committed to safety and memorable guest experiences. Our locations will be closed and/or close early on days with heavy winds, lightning, or when the daily high is colder than +15 Celcius (59F).
EVERY RENTAL INCLUDES A BASIC INTRODUCTORY SAFETY + SKILLS LESSON
ABOUT EQUIPMENT RENTALS
- Boards and accessories are rented on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- We ask groups larger than 5 to phone ahead or reserve a private time outside our normal hours.
- 10-minute lesson includes a safety briefing, lake and equipment information, launching demonstration + key beginner paddle skills.
- Boards available for rent are models from Starboard SUP; we have inflatables and hard boards.
- Children under 15 years of age may only use the boards with the assistance/ supervision of their parents or an adult guardian and must stay close to the swim area.
- Children under six should remain within arms reach of an adult.
- All children under 16 years must wear traditional vest style life jackets.
- All adults must wear either a life vest or an inflatable belt pack PFD; both options provided.
- All participants must wear the provided SUP leash.
Join a certified PADDLE CANADA instructor + local guide on one of the many stunning lakes in Jasper National Park for a two-hour excursion. Group sizes start at two paddlers to a maximum of six adventurers per guide. Tours can be customized based on needs, skill level, and desires of the group members. We emphasize enjoyment, relaxation, and discovery. Tours can incorporate mindfulness and meditation techniques, games, sunbathing time, information about local ecology and economy, techniques for a more efficient forward stroke or quiet time to absorb the peace and quiet of the lake.
During booking, please tell us what lake you'd prefer to paddle on for your Experience SUP tour and if you have already reserved a time and date. Note that requested times/ dates are not guaranteed unless confirmed via phone or e-mail with a Translucid Adventures guide at 780-852-3509 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For the best chance of getting your requested date and time, we recommend booking a minimum of one week in advance.
"When I first tried stand up paddling, I thought the chances of falling in the water meant it would only be an activity for sizzling hot bathing suit beach days. After gaining some confidence in my balance, I learned that SUP in all weathers is a simple as dressing appropriately and having a warm change of clothes for afterwards. The right plan can make a rainy, cool day one of the most enjoyable paddle experiences with a high probability of rainbows and glassy lake surfaces; layers are the key. For early season paddles, I wear merino wool and quick drying synthetics like spandex tights. A wet suit and booties help, but aren't essential as long as I paddle within my abilities and stay close to shore if conditions are windy. On rough days, the dynamic challenge of paddling in windy or choppy conditions has made me a better paddler so I have the confidence to start taking my practice to the ocean or onto the river."
- Alisen, Translucid Adventures SUP Flatwater Instructor, Yoga Teacher + Team Leader